Monday, July 18, 2011

Cake Cake Cake

Fiance and I sat down yesterday and picked out our wedding cake and groom's cake. Cake IS the only thing Fiance is really really concerned about in this whole process, so when we started looking online through all of the cakes, he was in heaven. And we wanted something a little non-traditional, so that was even more fun.

So, as many of you may already know, I'm a huge Alice in Wonderland fan. I picked the actual wedding cake.

Except I don't want all of those little extras all over it. Looks a little busy in this photo, so imagine it without all the clutter.

This is the second option.
Which I LOVE, especially if we turn it red, white and black, BUT I am terrified its going to end up looking like this...

Yikes! So I'm going to talk to the baker and see what she has to say. Fiance is pretty excited about the taste testing thing, too.

And for the groom's cake, Fiance picked this...

A fairly simple Zelda cake. Hopefully it will leave little room for error.

Hopefully.

 Cake Wrecks has really put a seed of doubt in my mind when it comes to bakers :)

7 comments:

Leigh said...

That Alice cake is awesome! So fun.

Southhamsdarling said...

I agree - that Alice cake looks like so much fun, AND completely different! I'm sure it will make your guests smile.

BB said...

Alice cake gets my vote too but I'm with you on not going with all the extras. Too busy. I love how fiance is so into the cake picking. How cute is that?

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Whenever I look at great wedding cakes I feel sad because I had a boring old fruit cake with white icing for my wedding cake and I do not eat fruit cake it is the big regret I have with my wedding and I would love to redo it.......

I like the Alice cake here it looks so exciting........

Lyndylou said...

Totally loving the Alice in Wonderland cake...so cool!

steph c said...

Cake Wrecks WILL make you doubt wedding cake outcomes! I really like the first one, especially if you get rid of some of the clutter. Super cute!

tya6i said...

play bazaar your locksmith ask you for identification? If not, they are not on the up and up. Imagine if some criminal called while you were on vacation and that locksmith came and let them into your home! A good locksmith will ensure that you are truly the owner of whatever is being opened.satta king