Thursday, January 19, 2012

DIY Wedding Stuff

The time is getting closer and closer!! I cannot believe it's only four months away. It seems like we were just engaged yesterday.

Sigh.

Anywho...I'm really getting into the DIY wedding stuff. It's actually quite fun and way less expensive. Last Saturday my aunt, her BFF and my BFF spent six hours making bouquets. And they turned out better than I had imagined.

These are for the bridesmaids. I didn't get a good picture of mine before we wrapped them up, so you'll have to wait to see it, but I will tell you it looks a lot like this...

We made 7 bouquets all together and it costs me about $60.00. Not too shabby thanks to Ebay.

My next project is this...
Just take some wine bottles, or beer bottles, spray paint them white, add squares of chalk board paint,   and write on them. Pretty, huh? I think I'll put them on the cake table.

As the big day gets closer, 5 bridesmaids and myself will spend a day making our wedding favors. They are aroma beads. We'll have two scents, Strawberry and Vanilla so we can have red and white. We'll add a tag that says Thank You and place them around the tables. The best part? My grandmother has her own candle shop and is going to let us use all her supplies...for free. All I had to pay for was the custom tags, and they were like $10.
They'll look like this, except white and red.

Anyone have any other DIY ideas? 

11 comments:

SkippyMom said...

All of the stuff looks wonderful. I was so excited to see an update on my blogroll. I can't believe it is only 4 months too! Wow. But you seem way ahead of the game - good for you. :)

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but if I do I will let you know. :)

On My Soapbox said...

Wow, time sure flies! Good for you for doing some DIY. It seems like anything with the word "wedding" attached to it suddenly multiplies it's price by 4!

Oh, I have another DIY idea, but don't know if it would work for your shindig or not: if you need centerpieces, you could pick up assorted glasses (wine or martini or table) and float flowers(real or artificial) in them. You could use floating tea candles, too. You could set them on mirror squares (or circles)(not sure how much those cost), paper doilies, pieces of fabric, or any combination of those. Felt works well because it doesn't need to have its edges finished.

Anyway, just a thought. I'm sure you're far more creative than I am!

Teresa said...

how the heck are you? is the wedding date here yet? surely, it's not too far away or it has already passed. i've been thinking about you.

Tanzir Rahman said...

Great wedding stuff. Lovely blog.
clipping path service | photo retouching service |
neck joint service | photoscissor

Satta King said...

Play Bazaar is very good Blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs. Even you can find Satta King website theme with WordPress and Joomla. Free demo theme and full download theme are available, If you want to other theme look like facebook, twitter, LinkedIn Flipkart amazon whatever. You can find it.

Satta King said...

Latest music and videos with royalty-free Play Bazaar music and videos are available on the website and you can find the Satta King Games results and latest and old live games results. Find the all live chart. Play Bazaars games, it's trusted game website where you can download any game.

Satta King said...

More than thousands of the website can help you for reaching out for the live game's result Play Bazaar and Satta king games results are free on every website but there is big trouble for the live game and superfast result of Satta King Play Bazaar is trusted website.

Prince said...

Satta King this is veriu nice song adiya bhot hi behtareen h maza aagya dekh h bht hi behtareen site hg Play Bazaar

tya6i said...

When searching for play bazaar the best locksmith for your needs, try conducting interviews. Most businesses will be happy to introduce you to their professional service people and what they have to offer. Ask questions and check all references. This way you will be certain that you've hired only the best when you need them the most.satta king

Unknown said...


If you're Play Bazaar looking for Internet marketing advice, do not forget to check under a wide array of keywords and search terms in order to find it. "Internet marketing" is not the only phrase you'll find advice under. Try SEO, Internet business tips, and other related phrases and words to find more Satta King information

Satta Blog said...

This is Very Good website your writing skill is very good.
satta king
play bazaar