Thursday, May 26, 2011

Unity Ceremony

We are debating on which unity ceremony to go with.

1. The Traditional Unity Candle- The mothers will walk down the isle first, light the two smaller candles and then after Fiance and I exchange rings, we use the small candles to light the big one.
Downside? I pour wax all over myself because the first two candles will be lit for a while. Or I catch the whole place on fire. Hey...I'm clumsy. It could happen.

2. Sand.  Like us, not as traditional but is becoming more popular. Same concept as the candle except we'll pour sand instead of light candles. Not to mention, we can put a lid on the big one and save it.

Downside? I can't really think of one right now. I may have to get back to ya.

3. Water. The large cylinder is clear water. The two smaller ones are food coloring. When you pour the two small ones in the large one turns colors obviously. Very visual. Of course, we would use red.

Downside? The mothers' role would be cut out unless they just pour the clear water in first. Kinda lame.

So, let the voting begin!

12 comments:

- ? said...

I like the sand idea. I'm horrible with water so I'll probably spill the water.

Bubbles said...

I like the idea of the sand one and its quite nice to think you can keep it later.

steph c said...

I'm a sucker for the sand one. It's like classy sand art! ;)

Lyndylou said...

Sand art! What's not to like :)

Amy said...

I love the sand one too - but how are the momma's involved with that one?

BB said...

On my 10th Anniversary Rich and I renewed our vows. We decided to do it in a church (why I don't know) but we used the candles. It was a nice touch but keeping the candles and holder dust free for display is pretty hard. I never saw the sand before until my niece got married last weekend and I saw the pictures. If I had known about it then, I'd have opted for the sand. As for the water and food color, I picture stains from a spill. Just my 2 cents!!

Southhamsdarling said...

I have to say that I prefer the first one with the candles, and it's lovely for the mums to be involved like that. You will just have to try very hard not to be clumsy! Hee Hee!

SkippyMom said...

I vote sand too. I have never seen that before - but pretty neat.

And if you do go for candles [still very cool] just buy the no drip kind so it won't get on you.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I would go with the sand with the water I would ended up spilling it somehow if it was me and like you do not like the idea of getting hot wax over ones self so snad sounds like the best one to me

Stace said...

I like the sand one the best. Wish I had thought of that for my wedding. Really cool.

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

Gemma is using the rose ceremony, the celebrant had it in her book of ceremonies. she like the idea of handfasting but hibbytobe liked the idea of the roses and seeing as he hasnt given much input , she jumped at it lol

tya6i said...

play bazaar you have your heart set on a more expensive laptop, consider a refurbished unit. Many manufacturers offer these, and they often come with a fair warranty too, protecting you in many ways. This will save you hundreds of dollars over a new laptop, while still offering you all the conveniences of the model you truly want.satta king