Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Look, I'm a cartoon!

Remember how I told you all that I was getting a caricature made of Fiance and I to put on our "welcome" table at the wedding?

No? Well we wanted a photo next to our programs and guest book, but then I got to to thinking. Why get just some ordinary photo? So I turned to Etsy, specifically, Erin at Dreamscape Portraits. We emailed each other back and forth a dozen times. She gladly accepted all of my ideas and threw in some of her own. I told her I wanted a prince and princess theme and sent her the colors I liked...
 And this is what she came up with...
Isn't it freaking fantastic!?! Erin is so creative. I couldn't believe how awesome is turned out. She sent me proofs as she was going along and kept me posted at each and every step. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and I'm so excited for all of our wedding guests to see it.

She even added our names and wedding date at the top and an 11x14 print is in the mail as we speak!

14 comments:

Amy said...

AMAZING! ahahaha when I first was reading all I could see was the first photo and I was like thinking... ummm it just looks like Disney not really like them!

Then I scrolled down! Holy amazing batman!

Bubbles said...

Wow they look so realistic...

SkippyMom said...

What a cute couple. :) She did an amazing job. Etsy has everything, I swear.

Lyndylou said...

Holly and I just love Etsy! Love the cartoon of you both too, really cool.

Southhamsdarling said...

That cartoon of the two of you is simply awesome, and something really different for your guests to look at and comment on! It's brilliant and such a great idea.

BB said...

That is precious. I hope you get it big enough to hang on a wall afterwards. That is to beautiful to put away with keepsakes afterwards. What a great job!

steph c said...

This is awesome!! Great way to make thinks unique and super personal :)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Bloody hell that is awesome I am so glad you added the link here I will check out her page. My daughter's nickname is Tinkabell and would love a caricature of her as Tinkabell....

Jumble Mash said...

Thanks everyone! I absolutely giggled when I opened the proof and saw us. Just looking at it makes me smile. It's probably the best money I've spent so far on the little details.

Tony Van Helsing said...

This is good, I want one of me and the cat.

Powdered Toast Man said...

that is awesome. Can I steal that idea for my wedding? I want a cape too.

tya6i said...

play bazaar a locksmith gets to your home, be sure they provide you with identification as well as a license. Compare the documents to ensure the licence belongs to the locksmith. All states do not require a license, but a great locksmith is sure to have one.satta king

Satta Blog said...

This is Very Good website your writing skill is very good.
satta king
play bazaar

urdu mein falon ke naam said...

urdu mein falon ke naam