Friday, June 10, 2011

Bargains

While browsing the bazillion things that you can buy for a wedding, I stumbled across customized labels for the invitations. I really liked them and thought they'd look a lot better than my handwriting or some generic printed labels.

They also have customized stamps, too, but that may be going a little overboard.

Anyways, I found a lot I liked and while they were not really expensive, I figured maybe I could save some money.

I liked the monograms ones the best, something like this...
No clue who those people are. Please don't stalk them. :)
So I started tinkering around with Microsoft Word and since I already have a large supply of blank labels, I came up with this...
And I can print as many as I want...for free. What do you think?

We also started looking around for invitations to get a general price range. We found 100 invitations with RSVP cards for about $90.00. That was the cheapest. Then I turned to my dear friend, Ebay.

We found 100 invitations, 100 RSVP cards, 100 labels, and 100 reception cards. For $75.00.

We went ahead and bought them. It was a steal. I'll let you know how they look when I get them!

5 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Schweeeeeet! Love a bargain and you got 'em.

We have used those stamps for all kinds of occasions and I have to say they are worth the price - we always get such a great reaction.

For example - A birthday party we had a few years ago we put our daughter's dog in a birthday hat and put that on the stamp [and no, I am really NOT that pet owner, but] it was hysterical and everyone loved it.

Can't wait to see the invites. Nicely done. :)

On My Soapbox said...

I love the idea, but would discourage the second one because it may be difficult for the postal service to read. An alternative is to keep the double frame outline, and maybe make one of the frames red. Also, you could have a monogram as a separate sticker to put on the back of the envelope (like a seal). :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay bargains! And the label thing looks amazing!

http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

Teresa said...

what a great bargain! i love to go look for things and then go to ebay to see what i can find. that and craigslist. great places to shop.

tya6i said...

play bazaar if there is a master key for any lock being installed. If there is, you really aren't improving your security at all. Ensure that any lock installed is one of a kind and cannot be opened with any keys but those in your possession to ensure your building is safe.satta king